Receipt Opens with no services
If Capable 21C opens an invoice/receipt window with no products or services listed,
this knowledgebase article will help in diagnosing the cause of the problem.
When Capable 21C first opens an invoice/receipt, it examines the type of appointment
that was booked to establish what default service (or product) should appear on
that receipt. If the receipt opens with no services or products, this indicates
- The appointment type needs to be re-configured to include the correct default service;
- The appointment was booked for the wrong appointment type.
Refer to the resolution section for details on how to address both of these problems.
To check the default service(s) or product(s) used for a new invoice, follow these
- Make a note of the type of appointment of the problem appointment. This can
be checked by right-clicking on the appointment and choosing Properties from the
- Go to Setup|Setup Appointment Types and Fees.
- On the left hand side list, double click on the type of appointment noted in step
- Go to the tab entitled Default Services.
- Ensure that the desired service (or product) is listed both for private patients
and for any insurers listed.
If the appointment was booked for an incorrect type of appointment:
- Start by fixing the type of appointment in this one instance. To do this,
right-click on the appointment, and choose Change Appt Type from the fly-out menu.
Select the desired appointment type. Also, process the invoice normally to
ensure that the default services appear correctly for the correct type of appointment.
- Check why the type of appointment was incorrect in the first place. See below.
To diagnose why Capable 21C may have booked an appointment for the wrong type:
- Refer to the knowledgebase article listed in the Detailed Information section below.
- Check that the default appointment types (as specified in Setup|Settings on the
Appointments tab) are set correctly.
- Check that the duration of the desired appointment types (as specified in Setup|Setup
Appointment Types and Fees) are set correctly. Note that in some specific
instances, the duration of appointment types should be set to zero (0). The
rationale behind this kind of choice is detailed in the knowledgebase article listed
in the Detailed Information section.
For more information on how to control the appointment types that Capable 21C uses
by default, refer to
KB-Appointment Types on New Appointments.asp
This knowledge resource is designed
for use on a Windows (tm) XP system operating at a screen
resolution of 1024x768 or better. Windows Media Player must be
installed for this training resource to operate correctly.
Copyright 2008 Capable Software
Return to Capable
Contact Technical Support