Capable 21C supports a POD feature that allows practitioners to be grouped
together to ease reporting and navigation around the appointment book.
This knowledgebase article discusses the feature and explains how to configure
This feature will only be useful in offices that:
- have a large number of practitioners; or
- have practitioners spread across multiple sites with more than one practitioner
at some of the sites.
The core features that can be configured are:
- By grouping practitioners into PODs, statistical reports can be generated for
the POD as a whole.
- Buttons can be placed on the button bar to quickly navigate to the first
practitioner in a POD.
To enable the POD feature:
- Go to Setup|Settings.
- Click on the 'Other' tab.
- Click on the Appointments system component.
- Click on the PODS Active setting.
- Change its value to True
- Click Close (no need to apply).
- Close and restart Capable 21C.
To configure practitioners into PODs:
- Go to Setup|Setup Practitioner PODs
- Create the first POD.
- Add the desired practitioners into the POD.
- Close the POD.
- Repeat steps 2-4 as needed.
To place buttons on the button bar:
- Go to Setup|Customise Button Bar.
- Drag the POD button onto the button bar.
- When prompted, nominate the first POD.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed.
- Click Close.
In order to optimise the POD feature, practitioners should be ordered so that all
practitioners within a POD appear together on the appointment book. To do
- Go to Setup|Setup Doctor Details.
- Double click on the first practitioner in the first POD.
- Change the 'Order on Appointment Book' to be 1.
- Click Close.
- Repeat steps 2-4 increasing the number by one each time (eg 2 for the second
practitioner in the first POD).
If is advisable to use a consistent numbering scheme for the order of the
practitioners (eg use the numbers 1-9 for the first POD, 11-19 for the second
POD, etc). Whilst it leaves gaps in the numbering sequence, it allows new
practitioners to be easily added into the correct position within their POD.
The gaps in the numbering sequence will not affect the behaviour of Capable 21C.
This knowledge resource is designed
for use on a Windows (tm) XP system operating at a screen
resolution of 1024x768 or better. Windows Media Player must be
installed for this training resource to operate correctly.
Copyright 2008 Capable Software
Return to Capable
Contact Technical Support