Installing Capable 21C at home
Some clinic owners require the facility of having a copy of the clinic’s database
on their home pc. This article describes the procedure to complete this
The correct method of installation and the maintenance of that home database are
To install Capable 21C onto the home PC, perform the following steps:
- Take a back-up on your old computer of the folder called C:\capable (if you are
running a network, you need to back-up this folder on whichever machine has been
defined as the server).
- Label this backup as your HOME DATA.
- Take a back-up copy on your old computer of the folder called C:\Program
- Label this backup as your HOME PROGRAM.
- Download Capable from the following website link:
- Unzip this file with the destination folder being C:\Temp
- Install Capable 21C on the new computer from the C:\Temp, using your original CD
Key. DO NOT START CAPABLE 21C YET.
- Restore the HOME DATA onto the C:\Capable folder on the new computer.
- Restore the HOME PROGRAM onto the C:\Program Files\Capable folder on the new
- Now, start Capable 21C for the first time on the new computer.
- Check you can access your patient/client files.
No further detail.
This knowledge resource is designed
for use on a Windows (tm) XP system operating at a screen
resolution of 1024x768 or better. Windows Media Player must be
installed for this training resource to operate correctly.
Copyright 2008 Capable Software
Return to Capable
Contact Technical Support