Graphs Require MSCAL
The Capable 21C graphin feature uses Microsoft Excel to display information from the Capable 21C database
in a graphical format. In order to make these graphs flexible, it exploits a calendar feature that is available
with Microsoft Excel. Unfortunately, the calendar is not automatically loaded with all versions of Excel. If it
is absent, the graphs will not function until it has been loaded. This knowledgebase article discusses how to
download and install the necessary calendar component.
The graphs will only function correctly if the Microsoft Calendar component (MSCAL) is installed correctly.
If the component is absent, the graphs will produce an error when started. A Visual Basic for Applications
window may appear with a yellow highlight on a line that reads as follows:
Public Sub ResetFontSizes()
To resolve the problem, download the MSCAL component and install it into the Windows\system32 folder as per
the instructions below.
To install the MSCAL component, follow these steps
- Close Microsoft Excel if it is still open.
- Download the MSCAL component.
- Unzip the contents to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- Once the contents have been extracted, open the C:\Windows\System32 folder and locate the file called MSCAL.OCX
- Double click on the file to register it with Windows.
- A window may appear indicating the Microsoft Windows can't open the file. If so, nominate that you wish to select
a program from a list of programs, and click OK.
- On the list of programs, select Microsoft(C) Register Server. This program may not be on the list. If not, follow
these additional steps
- Click the browse button.
- Browse to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- Locate and click on the program entitled RegSvr32.exe
- Click Open.
- If Microsoft Windows can register the file, it will pop up a message indicating that it was successful.
Now, it should be possible to open the graphs correctly.
This knowledge resource is designed
for use on a Windows (tm) XP system operating at a screen
resolution of 1024x768 or better. Windows Media Player must be
installed for this training resource to operate correctly.
Copyright 2008 Capable Software
Return to Capable
Contact Technical Support