From time to time, an office may need to remove a practitioner that has previously
been added to Capable 21C. This may because the practitioner no longer works
at the office, or if the practitioner was accidentally added in error. This
article describes how to remove the practitioner.
When a practitioner is deleted from Capable 21C, the record of the practitioner's
name, registration codes, working hours and personal holidays are deleted.
However, any old invoices and appointments that have already been processed will
not be deleted. In this way, patient/client files will not be adversely impacted
by removing the practitioner.
To remove a practitioner:
- Go to Setup|Setup Practitioners. Note that this setup menu option is automatically
customised according to the office's nominated terminology, so it may read as Setup
Chiropractors, Setup Doctors, Setup Service Providers, etc.
- Left click on the icon for the practitioner to be removed.
- Right click on the icon for the practitioner to be removed.
- Choose the Delete option from the Fly Out menu.
- Close the Practitioner Setup window.
Even though any processed patient/client invoices and appointments are unaffected
by deleting a practitioner, there are some implications:
- Any future appointments for the practitioner will automatically be moved to another
practitioner. Capable 21C will advise where it intends to move the appointments,
and how many appointments are affected. Normally, Capable 21C will move
the appointments onto the practitioner that occupies position 1 on the
appointment book. If the practitioner being removed is already the first
on the appointment book, the appointments will be moved to the practitioner in
- Statistical reports can still be generated for the practitioner that has been removed
via the 'Historical Practitioner' option the Statistical Report Generation window.
Refer to KB-Obtain
information about old practitioners.asp for more information.
- If the practitioner returns at any stage in the future, it is best to re-add the
practitioner with the same Short Name. Whilst it is not necessary to match
the Short Name, it does allow Capable 21C to maintain more consistent records.
Note that it may be tempting to rename a practitioner if an old practitioner
leaves and a new practitioner takes their place. This is not advised, as
Capable 21C will interpret this as a simple update to an existing practitioner's
name, and alter old records to maintain database integrity. In this case,
it is best to remove the old practitioner, and add a new one. If the
office would like the appointments to be automatically transfered to the new
practitioner, the following sequence of steps should be followed:
- Create the new practitioner, and assign their position on the appointment book
to be position 1.
- Review all other practitioners and ensure that they do NOT take position 1 on
the appointment book also.
- Close Capable 21C and re-open it to ensure that the new practitioner is in
position 1 on the appointment book.
- Remove the old practitioner.
This knowledge resource is designed
for use on a Windows (tm) XP system operating at a screen
resolution of 1024x768 or better. Windows Media Player must be
installed for this training resource to operate correctly.
Copyright 2008 Capable Software
Return to Capable
Contact Technical Support