Configure Special Appointment Symbols
Capable 21C can display special symbols to indicate significant issues to do with
appointments. An overview of this feature can be found in
Training 2. This knowledgebase article explains how to enable and
configure these features.
The features are configured via a variety of different places within Capable 21C.
Each of these is covered in the resolution section below.
The following special symbols can be configured:
Patient to attend their appointment early
To enable this symbol:
- Go to Setup|Setup Appointment Types and Fees
- Double click on the appointment type that should normally be attended early.
- Tick the checkbox entitled 'When used, patients are asked to arrive earlier than
the scheduled time'
- Click Close.
Note that the printed appointment book will (by default) print the time of
appointment less 15 minutes. This behaviour can be changed by:
- Go to Setup|Settings.
- Click on the Other tab.
- Click on the Appointments system component.
- Click on the Default Arrive Early Minutes setting
- Adjust the number of minutes accordingly.
Please refer to KB-Combination
Appointments for specific details.
Special Care Flag
The special care flag is configured for patients individually. To
configure a special care flag for any patient:
- Go to Patient Details.
- Go to the Tracking Options tab.
- Tick the box entitled 'Special Care flagged on Appt Book'
- Click Save and Exit
Pigeon Hole flag
Some offices keep the patient/client files for the next few weeks out of their
filing cabinet, and in a set of pigeon holes constructed for that purpose.
If a patient's next appointment is booked a long time in the future (eg 2
months), it will be put back into the filing cabinet until needed. For
this reason, it may be useful to an operator to be able to see the appointments
on the appointment book where the paper based file is likely to be back in the
filing cabinet. To configure the number of days worth of pigeon holes the
office has (eg denoting the number of days between appointments before the blue
dot begins to appear):
- Go to Setup|Settings
- Click on the Other tab
- Click on the Appointments system component
- Click on the Long Time No See setting.
- Change the value to the number of days desired
- Click Apply and then Close
No further detail.
This knowledge resource is designed
for use on a Windows (tm) XP system operating at a screen
resolution of 1024x768 or better. Windows Media Player must be
installed for this training resource to operate correctly.
Copyright 2008 Capable Software
Return to Capable
Contact Technical Support