Barcode Readers for Product Sales
Capable 21C can support barcode readers for product sales. This allows an
office to use a barcode reader to add products to an invoice during the normal
invoicing procedure. This knowledgebase article describes how to enable
and exploit this feature.
There are two configuration settings that need to be turned on for barcode reader
support to be enabled. To do this, follow the steps in the Resolution
In order to take advantage of the barcode reader during invoicing, refer to the
Enabling barcode readers for invoicing
In order to enable a barcode reader, the following configuration settings need to
- Go to Setup|Settings.
- Go to the Receipts tab
- Tick the box entitled 'Enable Barcode Reader'
- Click the Apply button.
- Go to the Other tab
- Click on the Receipts system component.
- Click on the Keyboard barcode enabled setting.
- Change the value to True.
- Click Close (no need to click Apply a second time).
In order for Capable 21C to recognise a scanned barcode, it must first be
registered against the product. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Setup|Setup Product Groups
- Double click any product group.
- Go to the Products tab.
- Double click any product (that has a barcode).
- Click into the Barcode field
- Scan the barcode. It's numerical representation should appear in the
- Click Close.
- Repeat as necessary to register other products' barcodes.
Scanning barcodes during invoicing
Once the barcode scanner is enabled, a new box is visible on the normal
invoicing window. This small white box appears immediately above the first
line-item on an invoice. By default, when an invoice is opened, a flashing
cursor will appear inside this box.
To add a product to an invoice, swipe the barcode.
Note that clicking anywhere else on the invoice will move the flashing cursor
away from the small white box. Once this has happened, it is no longer
possible to swipe more barcodes until the operator clicks back inside the small
white box to put the flashing cursor back.
No further detail
This knowledge resource is designed
for use on a Windows (tm) XP system operating at a screen
resolution of 1024x768 or better. Windows Media Player must be
installed for this training resource to operate correctly.
Copyright 2008 Capable Software
Return to Capable
Contact Technical Support